Sunday, January 14, 2018
ASX Stock Market Analysis Script, Random Stuff, and More
- wanted to test a theory of mine regarding the ASX stock market. Download results and script here:
- details are as follows:
# I wanted to know basic long term data about price movement from the ASX
# based on information that I found online at the following site:
# The basic results of were calculated by extracted files from the following
# archives. Then running this script across them.
# Basic data says that about a small proportion of ASX stocks go up over
# given period, many go down over given period, while the most/rest go
# off market. Data is obviously included in this archive. Clearly
# indicates that picking shares isn't as easy as it sounds on the ASX
# (even for professionals who deal with IPOs in the first place).
# $ tail -n 4 results-*
# ==> results-19970102-20061229.dat <==
# [Total Stocks] - 731
# [Total Up] - 135
# [Total Down] - 84
# [Total Off] - 512
# ==> results-20070102-20121231.dat <==
# [Total Stocks] - 1452
# [Total Up] - 168
# [Total Down] - 401
# [Total Off] - 883
# ==> results-20130102-20161230.dat <==
# [Total Stocks] - 1284
# [Total Up] - 373
# [Total Down] - 320
# [Total Off] - 591
# There is stodgy data in 2013 to 2016 period but I haven't really
# bothered to look further as this was mainly about checking a theory
# that I was interested in and overall results/data output seem fine.
# As this is the very first version of the program it may be VERY buggy.
# Please test prior to deployment in a production environment.
- this is obviously a continuation of my posts on financial trading:
- as usual thanks to all of the individuals and groups who purchase and use my goods and services
- I've been thinking about building a Chess AI for a little while now. Depending on how you build it things can get pretty complex fairly quickly. Complexity/goodness of system is dependent on the way you think. Play enough games you'll realise that certain moves become a given (they're the only logical moves that are left available) when certain situations arise. You actually need multi-level/step thinking in a Chess AI for this particular reason
open source python chess game
Sunfish: A simple but strong chess engine in 111 lines of Python
bash chess game
open source bash chess
open source python chess
- latest in science and technology
Tutorial - Android & Lazarus for novices like me
laztoapk and laz4android
- latest in finance and politics
- latest in defense and intelligence
- latest in animal news
- latest in music and entertainment
- Burke, he shorthanded, defined the duty of an MP accordingly: "I'm not your facsimile, I'm not going to do whatever you tell me to do, what I owe you is my judgment, my intellect".
There's never been any doubt about Turnbull's intellect – nor any danger of the member for Wentworth being mistaken as a "facsimile" of the ordinary man. His judgment, however, is more contestable.
- Konopka said patients prefer her practice compared to big hospitals because of the individual attention they receive.
Doctors at hospitals look at computers all the time, Konopka said, and rely on them, instead of their intellect, for diagnoses and guidelines to prescribing medications. She called that system expensive and harmful to patients. The doctors have no contact with the patients, she said.
"They practice electronic medicine, I practice medical art," she said. "I treat the patient. And I'm not going to compromise the patient's health or life for the system."
- During the Vietnam War, the American aircraft famously did this repeatedly over the Ho Chi Minh Trail that snaked from North Vietnam south through Laos. The United States also saturated the area with small landmines, irritating chemicals, and even a powder that was supposed to create permanent, made-made “mud” to slow down enemy personnel and vehicles. More infamously, the U.S. military sprayed copious amounts of toxic herbicides, including a mixture called Agent Orange, to deny cover to insurgent forces.
- Excess body weight is another major factor, accounting for 7% of cancer cases and 6% of all deaths, according to the study. Alcohol use, exposure to ultraviolet radiation, physical inactivity, consumption of red and processed meats, and low consumption of fruits and vegetables, fiber and calcium are also listed as "major, potentially modifiable exposures." Taken together, alcohol consumption, excess body weight, poor diet and physical inactivity account for roughly 18% of all cancer cases and 16% of deaths.
- It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver.
- "A CIA Study Group believed that the Soviets could use UFO reports to touch off mass hysteria and panic in the United States. The group also believed that the Soviets might use UFO sightings to overload the US air warning system so that it could not distinguish real targets from phantom UFOs," admitted the CIA in a 2007 article.
- The Kosovo campaign was an embarrassment for NATO tactical air power. NATO completely failed to inflict serious casualties on Serbian forces. It was NATO attacks on Serbian economic targets that brought them to it's knees. We reverted to the origins of air force thinking, strategic bombing. We hit Serbian chemical plants, urban transportation targets, The studios of Serbian national television were hit. Our objective was to make the Serbian civilian population suffer, and force their government to end the war, and it worked.
A decade later Israel found itself in a similar situation. They were under heavy rocket attack from Hezbollah in Lebanon. Israeli air and artillery forces were tasked with suppressing the threat. They failed utterly to destroy the rocket launchers. They decided to take the advice of gen Billy Mitchell and reverted to a strategic bombing campaign. Lebanon was made to suffer with massive attacks on it's transportation network. Hezbollah lost it's popularity for bringing economic ruin on the country. Internal political pressure forced Hezbollah to end the war, and assure both Israel, and the government in Beirut that they wouldn't do it again, at least anytime soon.
Back in Desert Storm the 100 hour ground war destroyed more Iraqi tanks, and other weapons then 6 weeks of bombing did. The army drove the Iraqi's out of Kuwait, something the air force failed to do. All this recent experience should teach us that air power acting on it's own cannot defeat a determined dug in enemy army. Tactical air power is most effective when employed in conjunction with ground, and naval forces. Recent history tells us those thinking that air power alone will be able to neutralize NK missile, rocket, and artillery forces are almost certainly mistaken.
- "Everything I had ever learned about air fighting taught me that the man who is aggressive, who pushes a fight, is the pilot who is successful in combat and who has the best opportunity for surviving battle and coming home."
-- Major Robert S. Johnson, USAAF
- Roughly, you need around four squadrons in total to sustain one squadron at sea: one squadron aboard the Big Grey War Canoe™; one squadron that has just come off the Big Grey War Canoe™; one squadron at home on leave; and one squadron working up ready to take its turn aboard the aircraft carrier. The maths is not precise; in the modern armed forces, aircraft are pooled instead of being issued to particular squadrons for their exclusive use, while experienced personnel whose skills are in short supply may be unlucky and end up with back-to-back deployments.
- Currently 54% of the world’s population lives in countries with currencies in circulation worth less than the value of bitcoin.
If the price of bitcoin rises to $15,000 it will overtake the value of all Indian rupee banknotes and coins in circulation to become the fifth most valuable currency. Given its recent growth rate this could happen within the next month.
However, bitcoin’s price needs to increase to a staggering US$72,300 to overtake the Euro and become the second most valued currency.
To beat the US dollar, in terms of circulation value, it would need to increase in price to at least US$85,160.
At a price of US$458.82 the total market cap of ethereum stands at US$44 billion, making it the 17th most valuable currency, worth more than the value of all banknotes and coins in circulation of countries such as Turkey (US$36 billion) and Singapore (US$27 billion).
Bitcoin cash’s current price of $1,425.21 gives it a market cap of US$24 billion, making it the 20th most valuable currency, worth more than all Swedish Krona (US$9 billion) or South African rand (US$6 billion) banknotes and coins.
Ripple just missed the top 20 with a value of US$10 billion, but was ahead of krona or rand.
Vert and Aggressive Skating: - if you don't know much about vert and aggressive skating it basically involves inline skates (designed...
- we're going to attack this from a number of different perpective since it's a bit more complex then you'd normally expect. As...
If you're like many others on the planet you probably can't be bothered purchasing a new piece of software in order to test an appl...