Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Low Resource Internet Browsing
Over the last decade or so people have been moving further and further towards Internet/Cloud based services. As such, our dependence on browser technologies has been increasing over time. Some of the more popular out there include:
- Internet Explorer, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie/home
- Mozilla Firefox, http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/new/
- Opera, http://www.opera.com/
- Chrome, http://www.google.com/chrome
Let's just put it this way though. In my personal experiments I found that browing the exact same websites on the exact same hardware/software configuration could result in memory resource utilisation that was half of a normal browser and CPU resource utilisation that was a fraction of a conventional browser (and this was for for a browser that was built on a very similar code base! Firefox Vs K-Meleon)
YouTube News Downloader: - if you're on a Not Really Broadband Network (NRBN) you somehow need to deal with networking/buffering issu...
- many people are often critical of choices that are often made in other countries. If you think carefully about it, massive loops have bee...
If you're like many others on the planet you probably can't be bothered purchasing a new piece of software in order to test an appl...